Saturday, December 29, 2007

Furnishing the Apartment


When I moved out from Mom's and got my first apartment, I didn't have much in the way of furniture and less in the way of money. After sitting around eating dinner on the floor for a couple of weeks, I decided that I had to come up with some furniture without spending any money. I got to thinking about different ways to get stuff for nothing, and I thought that the Goodwill, Salvation Army and places like that get stuff for nothing, why not try that avenue. Since I had an old van, I could use that to pick up the stuff, so what I did was run an advertisement in the paper along the lines of, 'Free pick-up of unwanted reusable furniture and other household items'. The ad started on Sunday, and I got a bunch of calls the same day. Before long, I had an assortment of stuff. I had an old painted blue record player, a sofa that was orange and a matching chair that was not. It was the strangest collection of furniture and things that you would ever would see in one place, but at that time it served the purpose.


How to Find Treaasures at Self Storage Auctions

No comments: